Kosnoski Eye Care ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone or with a caretaker unless you are a minor and require adult supervision then we will allow one caregiver inside with the child.
- Please arrive no earlier than your appointed check-in time.
- Please wear your mask (no vented masks, no gaiters or scarves) as you approach the front door and wait at the front door until a staff member greets you and takes your temperature.
- If you are infected with Covid-19, think you may have come in to contact with someone who has Covid-19, or have had symptoms of this virus in the last 30 days, please contact our office in advance of your appointment to reschedule.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally.
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the practice
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE – masks on exam equipment)
- Spread-out patient chairs in the optical and reception area – at least 6 feet apart. Every chair will be disinfected between each use. Every chair will be disinfected between each use.
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time.
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc… and will be disinfecting these as often as possible
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient.
- Temperatures taken at the door
- Your temperature will be taken before entering the building.
We care deeply about our patients. We continue to hope you and your family are healthy and doing well during these unprecedented times.